Thanks to everyone who watched my live cooking demo last week. It was a lot of fun to honor Zee and Raffi with this recipe for Perfect Union Hummus, a hybrid of their respective recipes.
Like Raffi and Zee, whose union was quite perfect, this recipe is the best blend of flavor and ease. The secret ingredient is citric acid, which opens up the color of the chickpeas and gives the lemon a boost.
I hope you enjoy it!
Perfect Union Hummus
- Food Processor
- 1 14.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tsp salt (or less if you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp citric acid
- 1 oz water
- Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, water, oil, tahini, garlic, salt and citric acid a food processor and blend for at least 2 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite cracker or carrot sticks!