With two surprise ingredients, your boneless, skinless chicken breasts will finally see the light.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast (Cut into two inch pieces, or smaller if you prefer bite-sized kebabs.)
- 1 tbsp Zergüt Vegetable Spread “Hot Ajvar”
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 3 tsp salt (One tsp. salt per pound of meat, plus one tsp. for the veggies)
- fresh cracked pepper (To taste)
- 2 red onions
- 2 yellow peppers (Cut off tops and hollow out.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Wash and cut the vegetables: Quarter the red onions and peppers, and cut the squash into two-inch diagonal chunks into a large bowl.
Pour 1 tsp of the salt, ¼ cup olive oil, freshly ground black pepper over the veggies and mix with your hands to ensure you get salt, pepper, and oil onto the surface area of all the veggies. (If you continually wash your hands throughout this process, it is not necessary to wear gloves; however, if you prefer to wear kitchen gloves, you certainly can.)
In a separate bowl, combine the chicken, vegetable spread, sour cream, fresh cracked pepper, and the remaining salt. Mix together with your hands to ensure all pieces are fully covered, then cover the meat and set aside (if grilling immediately) or set in fridge if grilling later.
Skewer and cook the meat per my instructions in "How to Kebab."Enjoy!